In No Limit Hold’em, players lose more money from the Blinds than any other position in poker.
Why? Most players are either playing too aggressively (they don’t want to give up chips without a fight) or playing too passively (fearing a 3-bet or their raise getting called).
Whether you are defending from the Big Blind, completing from the Small Blind, raising limpers, or 3-Betting late position raisers, understanding how to play each position as profitably as possible (no matter what your cards) will help keep those chips in YOUR stack!
Put your decision-making skills from the Small Blind and Big Blind to the test using the scenarios below:
Understanding and mastering the strategies delivered in the following LearnWPT Episodes will give you the opportunities to exert a skill edge against your opponents and play from the Blinds effectively:
- Big Blind Overbet Reshoving
- Member Bonus: download the Big Blind Overbet Reshoving Hand Range chart discussed in this Episode from the Tools Page
- Big Blind Defense: Calling
- Member Bonus: download the Big Blind Defense: Calling Hand Range chart discussed in this Episode from the Tools Page
- Small Blind Play: 15-20BB vs a Tough Opponent
- Member Bonus: download the Small Blind Play: First-In Ranges 15-20BB chart discussed in this Episode from the Tools Page
- Decision Point: Blind vs Blind
- Member Bonus: Use the Hand Input Tool to submit hands for analysis by the Pros, just like the hand in this Episode
Keep on practicing!
PS: a Membership with LearnWPT is the easiest and fastest way to add more levels of complexity and nuance to your game. Members have access to over 180+ scenarios like this to practice their decision-making skills!