Here are a few points from this session to remember whenever you are at the tables…
- Uses Standard 52 Card Poker Deck
- Each Player gets 2 cards face down (know as Hole cards)
- Multiple betting rounds – Preflop, Flop, Turn, and River
- Best 5 card hand using your 2 cards and the Community Cards win
- Wait for your turn to act
- When you receive your cards keep them face down and place them in front of your stack
- Verbally announce your bet amount before you place chips in the pot
- Bet with one forward motion
- Winning a hand without showdown – Wait until your Opponents Fold and the Pot is pushed to you by the Dealer before returning your cards – Do Not Turn Them Over!
Aggression Wins in Poker:
- Aggression wins in Poker
- Three out of four hands do not make it to Showdown
- The last aggressor wins the majority of hands
- Betting and raising should be your primary tools
- Bluffing must be part of your game plan
- Raise or fold, do NOT call
- Your goal is to restrict the number of opponents seeing the flop to 1 or 2 on average
- Find your “standard” raise size for each level. A raise size resulting in 3+ callers is NOT working
Overcoming Your Fears:
- Practice making moves! Fear prevents us from accumulating lots of chips and becoming a chip leader
- Enjoy playing the game and you will have a better chance of success
As an added bonus you can download our First-In Hand Ranges for Tournament Play by clicking the button below:
Ways to continue your education….
Want 2 FREE Strategy Episodes from LearnWPT.com? Enter your email address in the footer below to sign up and receive 2 No-Limit Hold’em instructional strategy videos on Preflop Raise Sizing and Board Texture.
By signing up for these free videos you’ll also receive weekly poker hand decision scenarios to help test your decision-making with guidance from the LearnWPT Pros.
Thank you again for a great event!
Good luck and good playing,
Tony and the LearnWPT Team
Have a question about LearnWPT? Email our Support Team anytime at [email protected].
Start Improving Your Game!
Join LearnWPT.com and Get:
- On-demand access to in-depth Strategy Episodes
- All of your poker questions answered with our popular Ask a Pro feature
- Expert analysis from LearnWPT Pros using The Hand Input Tool
- The 30-Day Winning Blueprint email series for success at the tables
- Downloadable Tools you can use at and away from the tables
- Exclusive access to interactive Monthly Q&A Webinars with LearnWPT Pros
Click below to join (just $5 your first month) and start improving your game: