Hey Guys, joined this site a few months ago and it has done wonders for my game. Thank you!
This week I'm taking my first poker trip to Vegas and wanted to ask your advice on how to have peach of mind with my surroundings so I don't have to spend time and energy figuring out logistics and can focus it all on my game.
I will be flying in on Feb 1st arriving at 10:30pm and plan to rent a car for my stay (1 week).
Specifically, I would appreciate your advice on the following:
1. Is there a single website I can go to and see all the daily tournaments offered at the major casinos?
2. What tips do you have for registering for tournaments? Is pre-registration or online registration available?
3. Are the any hotel player clubs that I should consider joining that would be beneficial?
3. Are $1-2 cash games available at the Bellagio from 7-11pm on Saturday nights and how easy is it to get in one?
4. I like renting cars wherever I go but some say that in Vegas you should just Uber/Taxi everywhere you go. What say you? BTW, I found a deal for $100/week (everything included). Do the hotels/casinos charge for parking and if so, are there obligation-free ways to avoid the fees?
5. I would consider splurging to stay at the Bellagio but the retail price is pretty steep. Any tips to get a great deal?
6. If Bellagio discounts can't be had, I wouldn't want to splurge on hotel and would prefer to stay at a quiet, clean hotel close by. I hear there's nice hotels on the strip that don't have casinos so you can get away from the constant noise/distractions. What say you? Since I have a car, I would also entertain staying off the strip if you have a great tip.
7. What are good options for eating healthy and economically close to the Bellagio? I believe that paying full price for a meal is good investment as opposed to spending time and mental energy trying to find ways to say $5-10 on every meal. Having said that, I enjoy saving money if easy obligation-free discounts/comps are available. Know any?
If you have any other tips you could share that would make my first trip more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to do so.