LearnWPT's Foundations of No-Limit Texas Hold’em
Watch This Video for the Foundations of No-Limit Texas Hold'em & Get Free Poker Strategy
If you are eager to learn the Foundations of No-Limit Texas Hold'em, one of the most popular and exciting card games in the world, then this beginner's article guide is the perfect place for you.
And if you are new to the game but not sure where to start, don't worry LearnWPT is here to help.
In the video above we covered some basic things a new poker player needs to know in order to play the game. LearnWPT Lead Instructor Nick Binger shows you the Foundations of No-Limit Texas Hold’em:
- Poker hand rankings
- Tips for proper betting
- Handling cards
- Key strategies for selecting which hands to play at the start of each hand
Plus get FREE downloadable tools below!
FIRST-IN HAND RANGE CHARTS
FOUNDATIONS OF NO-LIMIT TEXAS HOLD’EM
First-In Hand Range charts are an amazing poker tool to help you quickly learn the Foundations of No-Limit Texas Hold’em. This tool will tell you what hands to play when you are the first person to put money into the pot at the poker table. They'll keep you on very solid, profitable ground and ensure that you aren't playing bad poker hands!
Here are some tips for using them at the table:
- Use the Position Graphic at the beginning to determine your position at the table and reference the appropriate chart for your seat. Always count backwards from the Button ("dealer button") to determine your position
- You should raise with all hands highlighted in PINK. Do not call the minimum bet amount - RAISE!
- Your raise sizing should be 3 times the big blind amount. For example if blinds are 100-200 in a tournament and you elect to raise first-in to the pot, your total bet amount should be 600
- Stay consistent with your raise sizing. If you raise a larger amount with a specific hand and smaller amounts with others, you will be easier to read at the table (IE don't raise to 600 with AA, but 400 with 99)
Remember, these charts are intended for use when you are the first person to put chips in the pot before the flop aside from the blinds (forced bets). If someone else has already voluntarily put chips in the pot before your turn to act, these charts do not apply.
THE 5 KEY 🔑FACTORS
FOUNDATIONS OF NO-LIMIT TEXAS HOLD’EM
When you join LearnWPT.com for just $5 your first month we'll teach you the 5 Key Factors every player needs to know to put your opponents on accurate hand ranges!
- Stack Depth
- Board Texture
- Number of Opponents
When you start playing, no matter if it is a cash game, online poker tournament or the biggest live poker event, understanding the fundamentals of No-Limit Texas Hold’em will help you elevate your skills toward becoming a professional poker player.
Check out this preview of the Episodes you'll receive as part of your $5 First Month Membership introducing the 5 Key Factors...
PRO TIP: To build mental muscle memory for these tasks in real-time, focus on the 5 Key Factors even when you are NOT in the hand.
TRACK YOUR PLAY TO BUILD A STUDY ROUTINE
If you want to learn No-Limit Texas Hold’em poker strategy and start seeing better results at the table, the first step is to write down the specifics of what happens in hands when you are faced with difficult decisions.
Poker software programs that capture hand histories and allow users to control replays such as LearnWPT’s Hand Input Tool, offer an easy way to enter hands with your favorite internet-connected device.
When just beginning to study poker it’s often most beneficial to start tracking your play simply using a pen and paper. It is important to make sure you are tracking the right factors when noting hands for poker strategy study so that you can develop a consistent process and measure your progress.
Here is a simple checklist of 8 questions to use when tracking your play for poker strategy analysis:
- ☐ What was my seat position at the table?
- ☐ What were the seat positions of my opponents?
- ☐ What was my chip stack to start the hand?
- ☐ What were the chip stacks of my opponents to start the hand?
- ☐ What were my 2 cards, specific rank and suit?
- ☐ What were the community cards, specific rank and suit?
- ☐ What were the specific actions in the hand? Which player opened the betting?
- ☐ Did my opponents show down their hand, if so what were the specific cards?
Use this checklist to review your play on a regular basis and you will start to see patterns that can be adjusted to increase your win rate. It is very important to remember that the result of any given hand does not matter when studying poker hands to try and improve your game.
Focus your study on trying to determine what actions your opponent would take with all types of hands they could have in a specific spot and avoid trying to pinpoint a single hand.
We created LearnWPT to make it as easy as possible for anyone to improve their poker game, on their own time and their own terms. A plan for improvement that includes small, consistent amounts of effort over time is the key factor that most often separates winning pros and students of the game from the average poker player.
Ready to continue learning the Foundations of No-Limit Texas Hold’em Strategy and become a better player?
Enter your email in the box below or visit LearnWPT.com and click the green PLAY NOW button to immediately gain access to Free Poker Strategy Content and Tools (including Full LearnWPT Strategy Episodes)
PLUS Receive free poker strategy emails to your inbox each week.
No matter how you choose to use LearnWPT.com there’s a path for you to learn, improve, and have fun on your own time and your own terms.
I am honored to be your guide on this journey and appreciate your support of LearnWPT!
Lead Instructor, LearnWPT
TRAIN - PLAY - THINK
LIKE A PRO
Have Questions about LearnWPT? Send an email to our Support Team at [email protected] or click the red CONTACT US button and they will be happy to help!