LearnWPT's Foundations of No-Limit Texas Hold’em
Watch this Video for the Basics of No-Limit Hold'em and Get Free Poker Strategy
No-Limit Texas Hold'em is one of the most popular and exciting games in the world!
If you are new to the game but not sure where to start, don't worry LearnWPT.com is here to help.
LearnWPT Lead Instructor Nick Binger shows you hand rankings, tips for proper betting, handling cards, and key strategies for selecting which hands to play at the start of each hand (plus get FREE downloadable tools below!).
First-In Hand Range charts tell you what hands to play when you are the first person to put money into the pot at the poker table. They'll keep you on very solid, profitable ground and ensure that you aren't playing bad poker hands!
Here are some tips for using them at the table:
- Use the Position Graphic at the beginning to determine your position at the table and reference the appropriate chart for your seat. Always count backwards from the Button ("dealer button") to determine your position
- You should raise with all hands highlighted in PINK. Do not call the minimum bet amount - RAISE!
- Your raise sizing should be 3 times the big blind amount. For example if blinds are 100-200 in a tournament and you elect to raise first-in to the pot, your total bet amount should be 600
- Stay consistent with your raise sizing. If you raise a larger amount with a specific hand and smaller amounts with others, you will be easier to read at the table (IE don't raise to 600 with AA, but 400 with 99).
- Remember, these charts are intended for use when you are the first person to put chips in the pot before the flop aside from the blinds (forced bets). If someone else has already voluntarily put chips in the pot, these charts do not apply
THE 5 KEY 🔑FACTORS
When you join LearnWPT.com for just $5 your first month we'll teach you the 5 Key Factors every player needs to know to put your opponents on accurate hand ranges!
- Stack Depth
- Board Texture
- Number of Opponents
Check out this preview of the Episodes you'll receive as part of your $5 First Month Membership introducing the 5 Key Factors...
PRO TIP: To build mental muscle memory for these tasks in real time, focus on the 5 Key Factors even when you are NOT in the hand.
We created LearnWPT to make it as easy as possible for anyone to improve their poker game, on their own time and their own terms. A plan for improvement that includes small, consistent amounts of effort over time is the key factor that most often separates winning pros and students of the game from the average poker player.
Ready to continue learning basic No-Limit Hold’em Strategy and become a better player?
PLUS Receive free poker strategy emails to your inbox each week.
No matter how you choose to use LearnWPT.com there’s a path for you to learn, improve, and have fun on your own time and your own terms.
I am honored to be your guide on this journey and appreciate your support of LearnWPT!
Lead Instructor, LearnWPT
TRAIN - PLAY - THINK
LIKE A PRO
Have Questions about LearnWPT? Send an email to our Support Team at [email protected] or click the red CONTACT US button and they will be happy to help!