Why Use The WPT GTO Trainer Vs Other GTO Poker Strategy Trainers?
There have been many poker “trainers” in the past that allow you to play poker hands for practice. However, these have been powered by opinions of what is good play and are often based on a specific player’s experience. The poker strategy offered might not consider every factor that influences a poker hand when giving advice.
Unfortunately, human beings have only so much brainpower. These key strategic factors are often difficult to see without the help of cutting-edge technology, and they can make a big difference between a profitable and losing poker session. It’s practically impossible for one person to quickly and accurately tell you what will be the most profitable decision for your poker game in the long run.
Human poker players simply cannot give instant feedback on the correct strategy for every poker decision and show you how to correct mistakes instantly, without doing some serious in-depth analysis first (even poker legend Phil Ivey!).
It’s very unlikely that a human poker player will be able to make the correct decision for a high percentage of hands they play without some real work studying poker strategy off the table. In addition, most humans are not capable of providing poker strategy advice without favoring their own strengths and protecting their weaknesses.
How Does The WPT GTO Trainer Make It Easy For Anyone To Learn GTO Poker Strategy?
The WPT GTO Trainer allows you to study and learn true Nash equilibrium solutions solved for GTO poker strategy by simply playing poker hands in a user-friendly interface. Game Theory Optimal Poker Strategy is used by the best players in the world to dominate tournaments and cash games and now you can learn these cutting-edge strategies without doing all of the time-consuming research. You don’t need to test your poker strategy theory by trial and error, you just need to train poker GTO strategy with the WPT GTO Trainer.
This cutting-edge poker training tool looks just like a standard online poker game and makes learning GTO strategy simple. Choose a poker situation from your favorites including cash games, tournaments, small stakes cash games, 6-max poker, final table play including ICM adjusted ranges, and heads up play.
Train vital poker skills including continuation betting, big blind defense, button defense, 3-betting, 3-betting defense, and more. For each decision you make, get instant feedback on the precise EV (Expected Value) Loss of each play and see the Ideal Action as recommended by the GTO poker solver right on the screen.
As you play real poker hands solved using real poker GTO strategy your game will quickly be guided closer and closer to GTO play. Quickly review your play at a glance with the Session Summary and see where your leaks are immediately.
Compare your play to correct GTO poker strategy including 1-pair hands, flushes, straights, full houses, and even ace high showdowns. Get in-depth feedback and share hands from the Session Summary directly to the Ask A Pro Feature. With the click of a button, share the replay of the hand that gives you trouble directly to the LearnWPT Pros for expert GTO strategy guidance.
Watch this video for a detailed walkthrough of the WPT GTO Trainer features with LearnWPT Lead Instructor and 2x WSOP Bracelet Winner, Nick Binger!
How Many Flops Does The WPT GTO Trainer Solve For?
When evaluating whether a poker GTO strategy solution is accurate it’s essential to know how many flops the solution solves for. The most experienced GTO poker strategy teachers will solve for 1755 strategically significant flops which ultimately represent all of the 22,100 possible flop combinations in No-Limit Hold’em. Focusing on 1755 strategically significant flops allows for efficient solving of GTO poker strategy solutions and ensures the output will be highly useful in studying situations based on poker GTO strategy.
The most common poker scenarios you’ll face at the tables are solved for poker GTO strategy using exclusive cloud-distributed server technology and transformed into playable online poker hands in the WPT GTO Trainer. The GTO poker strategy solutions utilized by the WPT GTO Trainer are true Nash Equilibrium solutions, not guesstimates.
For every poker scenario, each of the 1755 strategically significant flops in no-limit hold’em are playable. Every spot has been solved to an exploitability of between 0.1% - 0.6% of the pot giving assurance the GTO poker strategy shown by the WPT GTO Trainer is highly accurate. In total, there are over 4 billion poker GTO strategy hands available to play in our database and counting.
How Many Bet Sizes Does The WPT GTO Trainer Use?
The WPT GTO Trainer utilizes a maximum of 3 different bet size options for you to choose from for any decision you are presented with. While GTO poker solvers have the ability to determine the correct strategies using several additional bet sizes, trying to build a GTO poker strategy using too many options is almost impossible in real life.
Using a maximum of 3 bet sizes for GTO poker strategy solutions allows you to train only the most relevant poker situations that you are likely to encounter in most games you play. By sticking to a maximum of 3 bet sizes the WPT GTO Trainer lets you practice key spots with the most realistic simulated responses from your opponent.
Each time you are presented with a decision in the WPT GTO Trainer you’ll learn to choose the correct bet sizing faster based on the real-time feedback you get from each decision. Soon your bet sizing decisions will trend closer and closer to real GTO strategy by simply playing poker hands. You won’t need to worry about setting up poker GTO solvers or having a game plan that is too complex.
Just make the best decision at the moment based on the poker situation you are presented with and learn as you play.
How Easy Is It To Use The WPT GTO Trainer?
If you’ve never worked with a GTO poker solver before, it can be really difficult to create the hand ranges for each player and know how each player's hand range interacts using GTO poker strategy. Solvers can be very intimidating to operate and require advanced GTO poker strategy expertise in order to make the correct assumptions.
Building correct hand ranges based on position, preflop action, and how opponents are likely to proceed involves a high level of experience and in-depth understanding of GTO poker strategy. In order for a GTO poker strategy solver to help your game, it’s essential you have the knowledge to determine the correct actions and incorporate them as part of a balanced game plan.
The WPT GTO Trainer removes this time-consuming and potentially error-filled step and gets you to the correct answer by recreating a GTO poker strategy simulation in a virtual gameplay environment. Simply choose a training pack scenario from the huge selection and start playing hands to learn and practice the GTO poker strategy.
The WPT GTO Trainer is laser-focused on plugging your leaks and training you for peak performance. Learn GTO poker strategy fast by choosing the specific situations that give you the most trouble at the table. Whether you need to practice continuation betting from in position vs out of position, brush up on postflop play after defending your big blind, or you want to drill 3-bet defense from a middle position facing raises from virtually any seat at the table, it’s just one click away.
Simply filter for the poker GTO strategy scenario you want to train today, click the play now button and you will automatically be presented with a flop and hole cards. Choose your action and bet amount for each street and get real-time feedback on your EV Loss, Played Percentage, and Ideal Action right on the screen after you make a decision.
At the end of each GTO poker strategy training session view your Session Summary dashboard to see your data displayed graphically for quick leak identification. Share the hands that generated the biggest EV Loss from your dashboard directly to Ask a Pro for expert feedback (hint, the results will be bright red).
Review your previous session before each day’s training to stay aware of your previous trouble spots and adjust your decisions closer to GTO strategy in real-time during your current training session. Use this cutting-edge poker training tool to practice anytime and anywhere from your favorite internet-connected device.
Check out how powerful this advanced GTO poker strategy training tool is and train with one of the best players in the game.
Play along with WPT Commentator, WPT Champion, 2x WSOP Bracelet Winner, and LearnWPT Instructor Tony Dunst and learn poker GTO Strategy in this free Strategy Episode.
Learn By Your Own Actions
Range charts, strategy tip sheets, and apps can be useful at the table however they also can be difficult to memorize and can often make the process of understanding GTO strategy more difficult.
GTO poker strategy involves many adjustments based on board texture and opponent actions, and trying to visualize these adjustments based on percentages listed in a chart can be almost impossible.
Learning GTO poker strategy involves adjustments based on board texture and opponent response, including randomizing decisions in certain spots.
There aren’t many players who are skilled enough to memorize all of the possible hand range charts and how they change based on GTO poker strategy in each situation, not to mention take that information to the table and use it in real-time.
The WPT GTO Trainer takes the classwork out of studying GTO strategy poker and forces you to learn by doing. You will develop the mental muscle memory for common No-Limit Hold’em poker scenarios and direct your study time toward the areas you need help with the most, by simply playing solved GTO poker strategy hands.
The WPT GTO Trainer is accessible from all your favorite internet-connected devices from the road or the comfort of home. It’s never been easier to train real GTO poker hands and learn GTO poker strategy thanks to LearnWPT and The World Poker Tour.
THE WPT GTO TRAINER
The Fastest Way to Learn GTO Strategy
The WPT GTO Trainer allows you to Play and Train against True GTO Opponents and get real-time Feedback and Analysis on Your Actions.
Choose from Cash Game and Tournament scenarios (including Small Stakes cash games, final table ICM, and heads up play) and receive immediate feedback on YOUR play compared to GTO including EV (expected value) Loss, Percentage Played, and the Ideal Action.
Click the button below to join and unlock more training scenarios....
Join LearnWPT.com for just $5 your First Month of Membership and play through hundreds of solved hands per hour (anytime, anywhere, and as many hands as you want) on the WPT GTO Trainer!
If you are looking for an easy way to learn poker strategy you need poker training tools and software that help players improve their game no matter their experience or skill level.
Choosing which poker tool to train with can be frustrating and confusing, especially if you are new to using advanced poker training tools to help improve your play.
In this article, we’ll tell you about the advanced poker training strategy software used by the Pros and why the WPT GTO Trainer is your go-to poker training tool for 2022.
Do You Need the WPT GTO Trainer to Win at Poker in 2022?
If you are curious about learning GTO poker strategy then you are in the right place! LearnWPT, the Official Poker Education Platform of the World Poker Tour® helps players of all skill levels learn GTO strategy poker players use to dominate no-limit hold’em games.
The short answer is YES - If you want to improve at poker and be successful in today’s no-limit hold’em games, you’re going to need to at least have a framework to understand Game Theory Optimal Strategy. Before you go out and spend your bankroll on a complex program to solve for GTO poker strategy (the pro version of these tools can often cost as much as $1,000) and start setting up your simulations, we’re here to help you make the best choice for your poker education.
The top poker players in the world spend countless hours running complex Game Theory Optimal Simulations on computer applications commonly referred to as poker solvers and practicing by playing GTO Trainers. Players use these simulations to find leaks in their tournament or cash game play and develop new betting lines built around GTO strategy. Setting up these poker solvers takes a tremendous understanding of GTO poker strategy and aren’t user-friendly if you are a poker novice. Plus, you’ll need a computer that can handle running several complex GTO strategy calculations simultaneously.
CLICK TO PLAY 5 FREE HANDS ON THE WPT GTO TRAINER!
Hint: Your goal is to get as close to Zero EV Loss (bright green) as you can with each decision.
Bonus: After playing the 5 hands click the red WATCH NOW button to view a Strategy Episode from LearnWPT Instructor Nick Binger has he gives a detailed breakdown of each decision point of the same hands you just played!
Of course, you’ll need to be an expert poker player with proven knowledge of GTO poker strategy including likely hand ranges and response frequencies for both you and your opponent in order to get meaningful results from a GTO solver. And you’ll also have to consider how many possible bet sizings are logical for each given situation based on whether it’s a cash game or tournament poker situation, the starting positions for each player, and preflop actions for each player in the hand. Did we mention things unique to GTO strategy poker solvers like node-locking?
Wait, don’t go yet! We know this sounds like a lot but there is no need to be discouraged. We’re going to show you how to learn GTO strategy and plug your leaks without having to be an expert poker player or technical genius.
LearnWPT is here to get you up to speed with Game Theory Optimal poker strategy no matter what your experience level is playing no-limit hold’em poker. Read on for a quick primer on poker GTO Strategy and how you can use the WPT GTO Trainer as a user-friendly training tool to start improving your game without the hassle or stress of setting up a poker solver.
What is Game Theory Optimal Poker Strategy?
Game Theory Optimal (GTO) Poker is a poker strategy that a perfect opponent can only break even against, even if they have complete knowledge of the identical strategy. Two opponents using GTO poker strategy playing each other will break even in the long run, by definition. Any unilateral change to the strategy by one of the players will result in that player losing Expected Value (EV).
This state of equilibrium between two players using GTO poker strategy is referred to as the “Nash Equilibrium” in game theory. This theory was created by famous mathematician and subject of the Academy Award-winning movie A Beautiful Mind, John Nash.
The top 10 all-time leading money winner’s list in poker is dominated by players who use Game Theory Optimal strategy including Justin Bonomo and Dan Smith. Recently the demand for more user-friendly methods to learn poker GTO strategy from players of all skill levels has dramatically increased due to the dominance of players using this strategy.
Check out this video from LearnWPT Instructor, WSOP Bracelet Winner, WPT Alpha 8 Champion, and one of the best poker players on the planet Andrew “LuckyChewy” Lichtenberger as he breaks down the concept of GTO Strategy.
What is A GTO Poker Trainer? What is A GTO Strategy Solution?
In the context of GTO strategy poker, a solver is computer software that is designed to output Game Theory Optimal strategy for a poker situation given a specific set of game factors.
Typically, the person using the solver user enters starting hand ranges for both players, possible bet and raise sizes, stack sizes, and a variety of other settings that may impact the likely responses of each opponent in the simulation.
The solver will then adjust the strategies of both players to reduce each player’s exploitability, meaning how often that player will make a mistake in the context of the overall poker GTO strategy game tree. This process is repeated until the exploitability is sufficiently close to 0, at which point Nash Equilibrium would be reached. The resulting GTO poker strategy is called a “solution”.
How Does a GTO Trainer Help You Learn GTO Poker Strategy Easier?
The young guns that won all the money during the poker boom spurred by Chris Moneymaker in the early 2000’s knew the secret to learning poker strategy is to practice. They played millions of hands of online poker and shared strategy with peers. They were learning by trial and error in real time with a lot of money on the line. They tracked and analyzed millions of hands looking for trends and developing new poker strategies.
If you want the same success as the GTO Strategy experts and learn Game Theory Optimal strategy fast you’re going to need a poker training partner. One that knows poker GTO strategy for both tournament and cash games and tests you with difficult spots. A poker training partner that will drill you with endless flops, turns and rivers, then tell you what the correct GTO poker strategy is for every single decision you make, in real-time.
The poker minds at LearnWPT and the World Poker Tour ® have created the perfect tool for the job.
The WPT GTO Trainer, exclusive to members of LearnWPT.com, is the only GTO poker training platform that provides you with the guided training, support, and direct access to world-class Pros. The WPT GTO Trainer will help you rapidly close the skill gap and learn poker GTO strategy with a cutting-edge and user-friendly design, no matter your skill or experience level.
Practice hundreds of spots with GTO poker strategy training packs available for tournaments, cash games, small stakes, heads up, final table ICM strategy, and more. Get instant feedback on the Ideal Action for GTO strategy during each hand you play and rapidly plug your leaks. Share hands after your session for direct feedback from Team LearnWPT with the exclusive Ask a Pro Feature.
We know you don’t have the ability to go back in time and put in the practice so we created a way to save you time in the future through efficient, guided practice in real-time.
Should You Trust the GTO Poker Strategy Used in The WPT GTO Trainer?
Since launching in 2016, LearnWPT, the Official Poker Education Platform of the World Poker Tour® has set the standard for online and in-person poker instruction tailored to players of all skill levels. Nick Binger, 2-time WSOP Bracelet winner, and creator of the LearnWPT curriculum, is a pioneer in presenting complex poker GTO strategy in a simplified user-friendly format.
Nick collaborates closely with the world-class instructors from Team LearnWPT, including WSOP Bracelet winner and WPT Alpha 8 Champion Andrew “LuckyChewy” Lichtenberger, to build the GTO poker strategy solutions that power the revolutionary WPT GTO Trainer. These GTO strategy poker solutions are used to power playable poker hands and allow users to quickly plug leaks in real-time based on the most common trouble spots.
LearnWPT showcases the cutting-edge technology and easy-to-use interface of this game-changing poker GTO strategy training tool with the WPT GTO Trainer Hands of The Week. Through these free playable GTO strategy solutions, LearnWPT educates experienced players and novices alike on the essential strategies and theory behind GTO strategy in a fun and familiar format.
The WPT GTO Trainer Hands of the Week also feature an in-depth summary of the strategy used for each correct decision based on the GTO poker strategy and some key tips for similar hands in the future.
The expert GTO poker strategy behind the WPT GTO Trainer has been used by LearnWPT Instructors including 2 time WSOP Bracelet Winner, WPT Champion, WPT Commentator, and LearnWPT Instructor Tony Dunst to crush tournaments and dominate cash games.
Whether you are trying to implement GTO poker strategy in your live poker game, or you are looking to use the benefits of the GTO strategy when you play online poker, you can use the WPT GTO Trainer to train and learn in real-time.
Not sure learning GTO Strategy is right for you? Read on to find out why The WPT GTO Trainer is the perfect training tool to help you learn poker GTO strategy.
Improve Your Game Today!
Join LearnWPT and Get:
- The WPT GTO Trainer to play real solved hands and get instant feedback on YOUR leaks (over 4 BILLION solved spots!)
- On-demand access to our full library of 500+ (and growing) in-depth Strategy Episodes from world-class players
- All of your poker questions answered with the Ask a Pro Feature
- Expert analysis from LearnWPT Pros using The Hand Input Tool
- Downloadable Tools you can use at and away from the tables
- Strategy from a Team of world-class Professional Players and Instructors
To join (just $5 your 1st month) click the button below and start improving your game!
Have Questions about LearnWPT? Email us at [email protected].
We are so excited to introduce the new Train & Explain Episode Series that WE ARE GIVING YOU FREE ACCESS
Members of LearnWPT know the importance of drilling hands using the WPT GTO Trainer and setting up a feedback loop for their game.
With the new transformational Train & Explain Episodes we've combined these two key factors to make learning GTO Strategy fast and easy regardless of your skill level!
Train & Explain Strategy Episodes gives you an exclusive seat behind a LearnWPT Pro for 5 select hands from the WPT GTO Trainer to learn the "why" behind each decision.
And we've added an innovative twist: you'll play the same hands as the LearnWPT Pro for each Episode.
Here’s how it works....
Before the start of each Train & Explain Strategy Episode, you'll be provided a link to an exclusive 5 hand pack from the WPT GTO Trainer to play before watching the analysis.
Select the "Click to Play the Hands Before You Watch" button noted within the video to play the 5 hands.
Next, watch the Strategy Episode for a detailed breakdown of each decision point as LearnWPT Lead Instructor Nick Binger (and coming soon from Vanessa Selbst, LuckyChewy, and Tony Dunst!) analyze the same hands you just played.
Hint: After playing the 5 selected hands click the red WATCH NOW button to view the Strategy Episode and go directly to the Pro analysis.
Now it's time for YOU to give it a try....
With our new Train & Explain style of Trainer Pack and Episode, we've created the best way to improve your game in under 20 minutes!
Keep on practicing,
P.S. Play unlimited hands from the WPT GTO Trainer Scenario featured in this Episode with a $5 First Month Member. Click here to learn more about our Membership Tiers.
Most players don't get the chance to practice heads up play until they are already at the final table battling it out for the title.
Since the majority of the prize pool is at the top, you should be prepared when the big money is on the line.
That is why we are very excited to announce our brand-new Heads Up tournament scenarios for the WPT GTO Trainer!
The new Heads Up scenarios give you the ability to train different stack depths and alternate positions after each hand.
Members can access these scenarios by clicking the filter below "What you would like to train today?", select Heads-Up, and choose from the list of available training scenarios.
Heads Up Training Scenarios are normally only available to LearnWPT.com Platinum Members. For a limited time we're providing exclusive access to this sample pack for everyone to test their skills by clicking the link below.
The Heads Up scenarios from the WPT GTO Trainer allow you to train and drill millions of hands and learn optimal strategy for heads up play, gain valuable experience, be better prepared, and have the advantage when it matters the most...
Sitting across from your opponent with the title on the line.
Ready for more? Join LearnWPT.com for just $5 your first month of Membership to play more GTO hands (and as often as you like) to find YOUR leaks and start seeing true stats for YOUR play!
Get real time feedback on trouble Spots and Ask the LearnWPT Pros with one click.
P.S. Read more about our Platinum Membership Tier by clicking here.
Train - Play - Think Like a Pro!
You've said Game Theory Optimal play is difficult to apply to your small stakes $1-2 and $2-5 games.
We listened and we are now making it easy for you to practice, play, and drill hands using the WPT GTO Trainer.
Introducing the brand-new WPT GTO Trainer Small Stakes cash game scenarios to prepare you to dominate the games you play in!
- How do you respond to aggressive players in your game?
- Are you betting large enough to fold opponents out of a hand?
- Have trouble with opponents who seem to call every preflop raise, no matter what the size?
Now you have a tool to drill the spots that occur most often in low stakes games and dramatically improve your play through practice.
We've also made it easier for you to customize the WPT GTO Trainer to change how you get instant feedback on your play while training!
Click the SHOW STATS % button and switch between specific EV Loss and % Played Percentage Stats for each action to a simplified response that indicates if the action you chose is correct or not recommended.
This feature is perfect for players who are just starting to study Game Theory Optimal Strategy.
Members can click "What you would like to train today?", select the Small Stakes filter, and choose from the list of available scenarios to start training.
Click START NEW SESSION and begin! Practice these new simulated Small Stakes situations to gain valuable experience, be better prepared, and have the advantage the next time you sit down at the table.
Not a Member? Play through 5 FREE solved random hands from the WPT GTO Trainer Small Stakes Packs by clicking below and see how close you are to GTO play...
Ready for more? Join LearnWPT.com for just $5 your first month of Membership to play more GTO hands (and as often as you like) to find YOUR leaks and start seeing true stats for YOUR play!
Get real time feedback on trouble Spots and Ask the LearnWPT Pros with one click.
Think Like a Pro
All of the big prizes and money in a Tournament are at the Final Table. Whether it is your local daily or a WPT Main Event, understanding the unique strategy adjustments for Final Table play is vital to finishing strong.
Are you prepared to put pressure on a short stack and do you know how to respond when the pressure is on you?
Do you consider ICM (the estimated dollar worth of a stack size) and how to adjust when there are pay jumps?
We are excited to announce the brand-new WPT GTO Final Table Play scenarios to help better prepare you to make the most of your next Final Table!
Members can click "What you would like to train today?", select the Final Table Play filter, and choose from the list of available scenarios to start training.
Review the payout structure before you begin by clicking the Payouts link. These numbers represent the percentage of the prize pool for each place.
Click START NEW SESSION and begin! Practice these new simulated Final Table situations to gain valuable experience, be better prepared, and have the advantage the next time you are in position to win.
Play through 5 FREE solved random hands from the WPT GTO Trainer Final Table Scenarios by clicking below and see how close you are to GTO play...
Your goal is to select the action for each individual hand that is as close to 0.00 EV as possible.
Not a Member? Join LearnWPT.com for just $5 your first month of Membership to play more GTO hands (and as often as you like) to find YOUR leaks and start seeing true stats for YOUR play!
Get real time feedback on trouble Spots and Ask the LearnWPT Pros with one click.
PLAY - LEARN - IMPROVE
With the WPT GTO Trainer!
There have been many poker “trainers” in the past that allowed you to play poker hands for practice. However, these have been powered by people’s opinions of what is good play and not true Game Theory Optimal (GTO) strategy.
What makes WPT’s GTO Trainer different?
- The WPT GTO Trainer allows you to play through true Nash equilibrium solutions to various No-Limit Hold'em poker Scenarios (over 4 BILLION solved spots and counting!)
- Get instant feedback on the precise EV (Expected Value) Loss of every move you make
- Rapidly plug leaks and learn the GTO strategies that have dominated the highest stakes games in the world
OK, time to get started...
TRAINING ON A MOBILE DEVICE?
To play the WPT GTO Trainer without the need for screen adjustment between hands, simply add LearnWPT.com as a shortcut to your iOS and Android mobile device.
Using the WPT GTO Trainer is fast and easy! Members can click TRAINER in the top navigation bar or mobile menu.
Members must be logged in to your LearnWPT.com Membership to start Training.
1) Select the Specific Spot you want to train from the available list of Scenarios (ex: MP2 Open vs Button Call).
- Spots will be either a Cash Game or Tournament Scenario (labeled as Cash, MTT - Tournament, FT - Final Table, SMALL - Small Stakes, or HU - Heads Up)
- Click the drop down box to select the specific Game Type, Situation, and Stack Size you would like to train
- You can select multiple options in the drop down menu to narrow your search
Hint: Any Scenarios with a green PLAY NOW button are packs available to your current membership that you have not trained with yet
2) When selecting the Spot to train, take note of the Effective Stack size in Big Blinds and Pot Size information to consider when making your decision (see image below for example). These factors will remain constant at the start of each new hand based on the specific Scenario you’ve selected.
Here are some additional tips for choosing which spot to train:
- Your Position and Action (Hero) is always listed first in the Scenario name
- Each Scenario will have you training from either In Position or Out of Position (noted in the description of Scenario action)
- Cash Game Scenarios use a green table
- Tournament Scenarios use a blue table
- Final Table Scenarios use a purple table
- Small Stakes Scenarios use an orange table
- Heads Up Scenarios use a burgundy table
3) The description of Scenario explains the Preflop action.
- Example - MP2 Open vs Button Call Scenario:
- Hero (you) are the MP2 player and Open to 2.5BBs preflop
- The Button player (Villain) calls and everyone else folds
- Action starts with the flop and 7.5BBs in the pot
4) View the Hand Range Charts per Position for this Scenario.
- The hand range charts for Hero and Villain show respective ranges going to the flop (after their last preflop action)
- Percentages listed for specific hand combos indicate the frequency with which those specific hands are in the overall range for the given scenario
- Hand ranges are also color coded based on order of action preflop (lighter or darker shades of each color visually indicate the frequency for these hands):
- The LAST preflop aggressor's hand range is shown in red
- The preflop caller's hand range is shown in green
Hint: Select the image of the hand range charts per position (ie MP2 or Button) to expand to a larger view
BEGIN YOUR TRAINING
After selecting the Scenario you wish to train, simply click or tap on the START NEW SESSION button to start!
Reminder: When training you should be solely focused minimizing EV Loss, instead of whether or not you win any one particular hand.
This allows you to have a long term mindset towards poker that focuses on the quality of decisions and not short term results.
MAKE YOUR DECISIONS
Click START NEW SESSION and you will instantly be faced with a postflop decision based on the Scenario you select from the menu.
1) Customize the WPT GTO Trainer to change how you get instant feedback while training!
- Click the SHOW STATS % button and choose between the following:
- Specific EV Loss and % Played Percentage Stats for each action (green)
- Simplified response that indicates if the action you chose is correct or not recommended (orange)
- The simplified feature is perfect for players who are just starting to study Game Theory Optimal Strategy
2) You'll immediately be faced with your first decision.
- Choose Fold, Call, Check, Bet, or Raise by clicking the button
- Bet sizing options are those commonly recommended by GTO Play
- Villain’s responses to your decisions are GTO - you’ll often face multiple decisions in a hand
3) After each decision, you'll see the EV Loss and Played % for your action directly on the table.
- EV (Expected Value) Loss - This shows the number of big blinds you would lose against a GTO player if you took this action
- Played % - This shows how often a GTO Player would take the same action you took
Remember - EV Loss of 0.00 does not mean the GTO Player would take that action 100% of the time (the difference is due to balancing hand ranges through mixed strategies and maximizing EV for your overall range)
4) Your goal is to select the action for each individual hand that is as close to 0.00 EV as possible.
- EV Loss of 0.00 is the same action a GTO Player would take
- 0.00 EV Loss means you broke even against a GTO Player
5) The Ideal GTO Action is noted in the top center of the table.
- A green check-mark next to your action means it is GTO
- Next is the action a GTO Player would take and how often they would take that specific action
- Ideal Action and Frequency are displayed so you know the GTO play for each action immediately
6) Multiple actions in a given spot are often "correct" according to GTO Play.
- GTO Play has many mixed strategies, where plays are made a specific percentage of the time
- You will often see actions with a very low EV Loss (e.g. -0.01) and a reasonable Played % (e.g. 35%)
- These actions are not "wrong" and are part of a balanced overall GTO strategy
- If a play results in high EV Loss (color coded in red), you should generally avoid that play unless you have compelling exploitative reasons to make it against a specific opponent
- If the Percentage Played for an action is 1% or less, then that action is rarely taken by a GTO Player and you should generally avoid that play
- If you select an action that results in a Played % of 1% or less, all subsequent decisions for that specific hand will display "N/A" in red, since that entire line should be avoided
EV Loss Color Coding Hint: Green = Near GTO Play, Orange = Take Caution, Red = Probable Leak in Your Game
HINTS AND TIPS
- Toggle the AUTO ADVANCE button to advance to the next hand decision automatically (green - default) or manually (red)
- For new users we recommend leaving the Auto Advance button in the off position so that you can take your time and review the real time feedback
- Click the FULL SCREEN button for a large view
- Review these instructions anytime by clicking the HOW TO PLAY button
- Toggle the SHOW STATS% button switch between specific EV Loss and % Played Percentage Stats for each action (green) to a simplified response that indicates if the action you chose is correct or not recommended (orange)
- Click the EXIT SESSION button to complete your Training Session and review your stats on the Session Summary Page
- View the hand ranges during a session by clicking the green ℹ️ information icon button to review the charts during play
- The hand range charts are labeled by position name
View the charts when facing a difficult spot and examine the possible hand combinations to help train your decisions closer to 0.0 EV Loss.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR RESULTS
Your overall EV Loss and Total Hands played are accessible right from the WPT GTO Trainer Dashboard.
Remember, the WPT GTO Trainer puts you up against an unbeatable (i.e. perfect) opponent. There is no winning in the long-term against it. The most we can ever hope for is to break-even. This is great for us, since this perfect opponent is also the perfect teacher.
Over time, the closer you come to break-even play against the Trainer, the tougher player you’ll become and the harder it will be for your opponents to outplay you.
And if you have high EV loss don’t get discouraged. It’s normal to feel challenged when you are learning new concepts. After all, the WPT GTO Trainer is literally a perfect opponent.
WHY FOCUS ON EV LOSS?
The way we measure our performance against the Trainer is by tracking "EV Loss" or Expected Value Loss.
The best possible result after you pick an action is an EV Loss of 0. This means the action you chose breaks even against a perfect player.
- When EV Loss isn’t 0, the number shown is the amount of big blinds that we would lose taking a specific action in the long run
- It's possible to make a poor play (high EV Loss) that results in winning a specific hand
You’ve all seen players make bad plays and win the pot or make the right play and lose the pot. Over time EV Loss will track closer and closer to actual losses.
SESSION SUMMARY INFORMATION
You’ve put in the work, now you can start to see where your specific leaks are for each Scenario. Your Session Summary will break down your hand compared to GTO Play.
Reading and Interpreting the Data:
1) Overall EV Loss in big blinds Per 100 hands played.
- Goal is to get as close to 0.00 as you can
- 0.00 EV Loss is impossible for humans to attain in the long run
- Do your best and focus on spots giving you the most trouble
- Do not be discouraged by a high EV Loss in the beginning. When new to GTO Trainer, it's very common for players to have an EV Loss of -50.00BBs/100 or more
2) Number of Hands Played in your Session
- Sample size is important when considering relevant statistics
- A minimum of 200 hands is the recommended sample size to start seeing stats for your play
- Schedule a set number of hands each day to practice a specific Scenario and keep track of your progress
3) AGGRESSION gives an instant snapshot of the key actions You (shown in Red) are taking across all hands played vs what actions a GTO Player (shown in Blue) would take
- Don't Worry, if you initially have a huge gap in one direction vs GTO - this is not uncommon
Hint: Hover over the bar graph to see the number of hands in that session each action was taken by you vs a GTO Player
1) HAND TYPES compare your play to GTO Play divided by the different categories of hands (i.e. pairs, flushes, trips, etc).
- Your Action is on the top bar and GTO Play is the bottom bar
Hint: Green (aggressive action) = Bet or Raise, Yellow (passive action) = Check or Call, Red = Fold. A color key to be implemented shortly!
2) How to read your results - in this example from the dashboard image for the PAIR hand category shown above:
- You chose to either Bet/Raise 17% of the time, Check or Call 72% of the time, and Fold 10% of the time when you had a 1-Pair hand in this given scenario (top line of the bar graph)
- GTO Strategy is to Bet/Raise 24% of the time, Check/Call 62% of the time, and Fold 14% of the time (bottom line of the bar graph)
3) If the top line results are very different from bottom line results (after a large number of hands played) then you know you are playing those hand types differently than how a GTO Player would play them. These are the spots you want to study first.
Don’t get intimidated by stats listed or if there are big differences between your play and GTO Play. Keep training the same Scenario and focus on your biggest leak before you play each Session. Before you know it you’ll be closer to 0.00 EV Loss (and GTO Play!).
1) HAND BREAKDOWN displays all of the hands you've played in a session listed by hand type, position, board summary, and EV Loss.
- Click the REPLAYER button next to a specific hand played to show the action unfold and review for study later
- Have questions about that hand? After replaying the hand click the ASK A PRO button to send your hand the LearnWPT Pros for analysis using the Ask a Pro Feature
2) Select a specific hand played to see these details:
- BOARD - Shows the specific rank and suit for each street dealt (flop, turn, river)
- ACTION - The action Hero (you) chose on that street (bet/raise, call/check, fold)
- GTO PLAY % - Percentage of time a GTO Player would take a specific action if faced with the same decision
- EV LOSS - The number of big blinds your action would lose against a GTO player
- Evaluate EV Loss in Proportion to Pot size
- An EV Loss of -1.00 is significant in a 6.5BB pot. It is far less significant in a 100BB pot
- The color coding of EV Loss on the Trainer table takes into account pot size
3) Each street of action is broken down with a color coded bar graph noting the specific actions a GTO player would take if faced with the same decision as HERO, including the percentage of time a GTO player would take those specific actions.
- In the above example our decision to bet 2.50 on the flop you will see that a GTO Player:
- Checks 56% of the time
- Bets small 15% of the time
- Bets large 28% of the time
- Green = Bet or Raise, Yellow = Check or Call, Red = Fold
4) In some instances you will see gradient shading (lightest to darkest moving left to right) representing the bet-sizing that a GTO Player would choose in a given spot.
- In the example above:
- Bet/Raise small amount (lightest green)
- Bet/Raise larger amount (darker green)
- Bet/Raise largest amount (darkest green)
REVIEW PREVIOUS SESSIONS
Review any previous Sessions from the main GTO Trainer Dashboard!
1) Select the Spot you would like to review from the list of available Scenarios.
- The total number of hands played as well as your total EV Loss overall for the specific Scenario are listed for quick reference
2) Click the REVIEW SESSIONS button.
3) Select a Session you played from the list.
- Overall EV Loss, Session Date, and Total Hands played are listed for each Session within each specific Scenario
- For best results and rapid improvement start by studying your largest EV Loss Spots
4) Click the Blue REVIEW SESSIONS button to get the specific statistics for the individual Session within a Scenario. A session review window will open.
ASK THE LEARNWPT PROS
Discuss and share specific hands that gave you trouble while training with the LearnWPT Instructors using Ask a Pro.
- Select the Trainer Pack and click the REVIEW SESSIONS button
- Find the date of the specific session and click the blue REVIEW SESSIONS link
- Find the specific hand that you had a question about and click the ▶ REPLAY icon
- After the hand action replays click the ASK A PRO button
Enter your subject line, question, and SUBMIT. Your question and a replay of the hand will go directly to the Ask a Pro Forum to be answered!
For a detailed video walkthrough of what’s covered here make sure you’re logged in to your LearnWPT Membership and watch Nick introduce the WPT GTO Trainer and guide you through using the Trainer here.
Need help interpreting the results and strategy on adjusting your game? Use the LearnWPT Ask a Pro Feature and the Community Forums to get answers and guidance from Nick, Eric, and Chewy. We know you’ll have a lot of questions about GTO Strategy and we’re here to help!
Nick and the LearnWPT Instructors will be showing you plenty of specific ways to use the WPT GTO Trainer to improve your poker game in future Strategy Episodes.
IT'S TIME TO PLAY
Now that you’ve had a chance to walk through the WPT GTO Trainer it’s time to Play!
Whether you need practice postflop after defending your Big Blind in a Tournament, or you want to drill 3-bet defense from middle position with deep stacks in a Cash Game, it’s just one click away.
Train as often as you like. Get real time feedback on trouble Spots and Ask the LearnWPT Pros with one click.
Play Real GTO Hands Online
Now Part of Your LearnWPT.com Membership
We Want Your Feedback! While using the WPT GTO Trainer you can click the blue feedback widget or email [email protected] with any questions or suggestions.