WPA Warm Up Follow-up and more!
Thank you for attending this great event! We hope you enjoyed the LearnWPT poker strategy instruction with Nick Binger at the WPA Warm Up at Commerce.
Here are a few points from this session to remember whenever you are at the tables...
- First-In Strategy:
- Raise or fold, do NOT call
- Your goal is to restrict the number of opponents seeing the flop to 1 or 2 on average
- Find your "standard" raise size for each level.A raise size resulting in 3+ callers is NOT working
- Making Moves:
- Making moves is necessary to becoming a winning player
- Work best against fewer opponents. Rarely bluff in multiway pots
- You must become comfortable with situational poker
- Thinking in Big Blinds:
- Allows you to think about stacks in a consistent way
- Provides a guideline for when to make moves
- Divide Stack by the amount of the Big Blind to get Number of BBs in stack (ex: Blinds 50/100 you have 3400 – 34 Big Bind stack)
- Moves for Different Stack Sizes:
- If it folds around to you with less than 10 BBs in stack, either fold or move all-in. Do not limp or call!
- Reshoving is powerful with 10-20 BB stacks. Ideal stack size for reshoving is around 6x the initial raise amount
- With 30-50 BBs reraising exerts pressure on the raiser and allows you to win uncontested pots. As a default, make it 3x their raise size
- Overcoming your fears:
- Aggression wins in Poker
- Practice making moves! Fear prevents us from accumulating lots of chips and becoming a chip leader
- Enjoy playing the game and you will have a better chance of success
As an added bonus you can download the LearnWPT Poker Strategy Guide taught during the WPA Warm Up event at Commerce by clicking the button below.
Ways to continue your education....
Want 2 FREE Strategy Episodes from LearnWPT.com? Enter your email address in the footer below to sign up and receive 2 No-Limit Hold’em instructional strategy videos on Preflop Raise Sizing and Board Texture.
By signing up for these free videos you’ll also receive weekly poker hand decision scenarios to help test your decision-making with guidance from the LearnWPT Pros.
Thank you again for a great event!
Good luck and good playing,
Nick and the LearnWPT Team
Have a question about LearnWPT? Email our Support Team anytime at [email protected].
Start Improving Your Game!
Join LearnWPT.com and Get:
- On-demand access to in-depth Strategy Episodes
- All of your poker questions answered with our popular Ask a Pro feature
- Expert analysis from LearnWPT Pros using The Hand Input Tool
- The 30-Day Winning Blueprint email series for success
- Downloadable Tools you can use at and away from the tables
- Exclusive access to interactive Monthly Q&A Webinars with LearnWPT Pros
Click below to join (just $5 your first month) and start improving your game: