What is the Big Blind Ante?
Check out Matt Savage's recent article as he explains the benefits and rules of the new Big Blind Ante structure and why the World Poker Tour is adopting it.
So... what strategic adjustments should you be making because of the new BB Ante format?
The answer might surprise you....
Watch the below preview of LearnWPT Strategy Episode 237 as Nick Binger answers a Member submitted question from our Ask a Pro feature regarding adjustments for the new Big Blind Ante structure:
Some key take away's from Matt Savages' article regarding the new Big Blind Ante structure all players should know:
- There will be one single ante posted for the whole table by the player in the Big Blind.
- The ante is posted first and players from any position will be eligible to win the entire ante regardless of chip stack.
- Antes never reduce until end of tournament.
- In regards to payouts, if two players are all-in at same table and one is in the Big Blind, (a) the Big Blind gets credit for ante first, (b) the player out of the big blind gets full credit for ante, and (c) the ante is considered dead in the pot.
- Dealers, staff, and players alike have universally claimed how much easier and more efficient it is. Dealers do not have to remind distracted players to post their antes every hand.
- More hands are being dealt, allowing structures to remain deeper for longer portions of tournaments.
- There are less chips in play and less need to make change.
"The TDA and I share a mantra of consistency and, whether or not you personally agree, you should live with the change to be consistent for the benefit of the players. I know that big blind ante is a great change to no-limit hold’em poker tournaments. The big blind ante is here to stay! The bottom line is that BBA is faster and downright better!"
- Matt Savage
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BIG BLIND ANTE?
What do you think of the new Big Blind Ante?
Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Think Like a Pro
We created LearnWPT with the goal to provide a place that empowers players to ask questions, help get them focused, and provide a solid game-plan to bring to the table every time they sit down.
Some of the ways we accomplish this is by:
- Teaching and presenting examples of proven, winning concepts through our Strategy Episodes (short 10-15 min videos)
- Having Members Practice, Drill, and Play Hands using the WPT GTO Trainer for instant feedback on their decisions
- Providing a place where Members can send questions to receive answers and guidance with the Ask a Pro feature
- Giving Members the ability to record and send hands they've played to receive expert analysis using the Hand Input Tool
Not a Member? Click below to join (just $5 your first month) and start improving your game today!