What is a PKO Tournament?
- PKO (Progressive Knockout) tournaments are fun, unique events where a dynamic bounty is placed on each player
- As you knock out other players, typically you are paid 50% of their bounty and the other 50% is added to your total bounty
- Unlike regular knockout tournaments the value of the bounties can grow
- If you are the victor in a PKO Tourney you win in multiple ways:
- Win the amount in the general prize pool for 1st place
- Win the bounties you earned over the course of the event
- Keep the full amount of the bounty that is on your head
SHOULD I PLAY A PKO DIFFERENTLY?
Yes! The strategy for playing PKOs is very different from regular bounty tournament strategy.
Click below to view an in-depth Strategy Episode from LearnWPT Instructor Nick Binger to learn valuable math shortcuts and strategy tips to improve your play in PKO events.
Remembers these tips when playing in a PKO Tournament:
- Because bounty values change based on each player's number of knockouts, some players are worth much more than others to knock out
- Players are incentivized to widen their ranges and go after opponents when they have a high bounty value
- Starting PKO Tournaments on time and avoiding late registration is critical to maximize your chances of winning the most bounties
- It's often profitable to call with any 2 cards in PKO Tournaments when your opponent's bounty value is high
- This style of tournament has become extremely popular over the last year because it encourages so much action!
- Download the PKO Equity Reduction Reference Guide for an easy and quick way to determine your equity in PKO Tournaments
Have Questions about LearnWPT? Send an email to our Support Team at [email protected] or click the red CONTACT US button and they will be happy to help!
TRAIN - PLAY - THINK
LIKE A PRO