Are You Using The LearnWPT Hand Input Tool (HIT)?
If yes, THANK YOU and congratulations on taking another step in improving your game! If no, let's change that today.
So, what exactly is HIT?
The Hand Input Tool (HIT), is a LearnWPT Feature that allows Members to capture, replay, and share real hands they've played and receive analysis and feedback from the LearnWPT Pros.
See below for info, hints, and the benefits of this powerful feature:
Login and access HIT from the top navigation bar or via the mobile menu. For more instructions watch the "Show Me How it Works" video on the HIT Dashboard or review Episode 226: Hand Input Tool (HIT).
Recording your hand:
➧ To begin, click the red ENTER A HAND NOW button
➧ Enter the game specifics:
- Select Cash or Tournament
- Enter the Blinds Amount
- Select the type of Ante and enter the amount
- Enter the number of Players Seated
- Click the NEXT button to record the action
➧ Follow the onscreen prompts to record the hand information
➧ Shortcuts when entering hole card information for quicker recording
- Type the first letter or number of the card value and suit versus clicking each option to select your card, example:
- Type "a" + "c" to select A♣ or type "2" + "d" to select 2♦
- Use the +/- keys to increase/decrease values or click your cursor into the field box and manually type the value
Helpful Hint: Click the EXIT SESSION → button in the top right-hand corner of the screen to stop the hand at a specific point for analysis before getting to showdown
Members can submit their recorded HIT hands to the LearnWPT Pros for analysis of their play and get answers to questions about a specific move or strategy using the Ask a Pro Feature.
Sending your hand in for feedback:
➧ Once finished recording your hand, the action will replay and a pop-up will appear noting options for your hand
➧ Click the ASK A PRO button to submit your hand for analysis
➧ Enter a title, your question or comment, and click the SEND YOUR QUESTION button
That's it! The LearnWPT Pros will provide feedback shortly
Helpful Hint: Use the Sort By button to select HIT on the Ask a Pro page to review 500+ already answered submitted hands
HIT Helpful Hints:
Our goal is to make HIT an easy to use and personal experience. Be sure to share with us any suggestions.
Did you know you can:
➧ Update the name of a hand by clicking the NL Cash or NL Tourney fields in the top center of the screen
➧ Change the name/nickname of a player and their chip stack by clicking their position tile - PLAYER NAME and CHIP STACK fields
➧ Replay, delete, or edit hands you've saved from your HAND LIBRARY by clicking the thumbnail image or vertical ellipsis
➧ Shortcuts when reviewing the replay of a hand for quick navigation
- Pause/Restart Action = Space Bar
- Show Hole Cards = "H" Key
- Move Action Forward/Backward = Right/Left Arrow Keys
- Toggle Stacks Between Big Blinds/Chips = "B" Key
- Toggle Between Player and Position Names = "A" Key
The habit of recording hands you've played followed by analysis (and feedback) creates a positive feedback loop for improvement which allows you to find (and fix) leaks faster, while learning to make better decisions at the table.
We are exited to provide this invaluable tool for our Members to help create that loop and to provide them with guidance and helpful feedback.
Thanks for being a part of LearnWPT!
Not a LearnWPT Member But Want
to Use the Hand Input Tool?
Join today for just $5 for your first month of Membership!
In addition to the Hand Input Tool you’ll also have access to these game-changing Member Features:
- On-demand library of 500+ in-depth Strategy Episodes
- Practice and drill hands using the WPT GTO Trainer and get instant feedback on your play
- All of your poker questions answered with Ask a Pro
- A place to talk all things poker with fellow Members and the LearnWPT Pros in the Community Forums
- Downloadable Tools you can use at and away from the tables
If you have any questions regarding LearnWPT, please contact our support team at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help.