Are you in Vegas for the live tournament grind this fall and looking to brush up your skills?
Check out this free collection of No-Limit Texas Hold'em poker tournament strategy tips and tools from LearnWPT Instructors and WSOP bracelet winners Nick Binger, Vanessa Selbst, Tony Dunst and Mental Game Coach Jared Tendler.
Team LearnWPT is here to help keep you focused and make sure you are ready to make your big score 🏆.
GET YOURSELF MENTALLY PREPARED FOR POKER TOURNAMENTS
Mental Game Coach Jared Tendler has been on the rail helping WSOP winners succeed for over a decade! Watch this LearnWPT Strategy Episode from Jared as he provides a game plan for getting your tactical and mental game strategy ready for success and helps you prepare for a demanding poker schedule.
Poker Tournament Preparation Quick Tips:
- Keep it simple! Don't start introducing new concepts - focus on known issues in your game
- Develop and work on a poker routine based on good sessions
- Go through a pregame warm-up before each session
- Take "no poker" breaks to reset and reserve energy
- Manage your over excitement
5 POKER TOURNAMENT STRATEGY KEYS 🔑
These 5 Key Factors are important for you to think about every time you play a hand and they will guide your decisions on later streets:
- Always be aware of Position
- Know the Stack Depth and Effective Stack in terms of big blinds
- Assign Preflop Ranges (not a specific hand) based on each player’s position and how they entered the pot
- Note the Number of Opponents seeing the flop
- Understand the Board Texture and how it affects your next move
Brush up on the Key Factors by watching these Strategy Episodes:
The 5 Keys Of Poker Tournament Strategy Quick Tips:
To build mental muscle memory for these concepts in real-time, focus on the 5 Key Factors even when you are NOT in the hand. Notice hands that were shown down, you’ll find an interesting trend...
- The more players that see the flop, the stronger the average hand will be at showdown
- The more coordinated a board is, the more likely it is someone has a strong draw or made hand
- Multiway and Coordinated? You’ll likely see the strongest possible hands in a player’s range at showdown
KNOW YOUR FIRST-IN RANGES
There is one decision you must make in every hand you play - what to do when action folds to you preflop.
Predetermining which hands to open with preflop across various stacks size frees up mental energy and allows you to focus more on outplaying your opponent.
Watch this Strategy Episode as LearnWPT Instructor Nick Binger guides you through using these ranges properly. Make sure you download the charts ↓ ↓ and review them before you play, in between hands, or after your session.
You'll develop Muscle Memory for preflop play by simply reviewing the charts and putting them into practice at the table!
First-In Hand Ranges Quick Tips:
- Raise or fold, do NOT call
- Your goal is to restrict the number of opponents seeing the flop to 1 or 2 on average
- Find your "standard" raise size for each level. A raise size resulting in 3+ callers is NOT working
20 BIG BLIND STACKS HAND RANGES
Review this LearnWPT Strategy Episode as Nick gives First-In Hand Ranges when you have a 20 Big Blind Stack in a Tournament and provides an easy to remember methodology for adjusting to opponents in real-time.
Moves for Different Stack Sizes Quick Tips:
- If it folds around to you with less than 10BBs in your stack, either fold or move all-in. Do not limp or call!
- Reshoving is powerful with 10-20BB stacks. Ideal stack size for reshoving is around 6x the initial raise amount
- With 30-50BBs reraising exerts pressure on the raiser & allows you to win uncontested pots. As a default, make it 3x their raise size
Team LearnWPT is no stranger to the bright lights of the final table and big money pressure. Get some insight from two of the best!
Watch this Strategy Episode from LearnWPT Instructor and WPT Commentator Tony Dunst for key insights on how world-class Players think through hands.
Making Moves Quick Tips:
- Making moves is necessary to becoming a winning player
- Moves work best against fewer opponents. Rarely bluff in multiway pots
- You must become comfortable with situational poker
Check out this Strategy Episode from LearnWPT Instructor Vanessa Selbst as she answers Student submitted questions regarding c-betting in multiway pots and key factors for becoming a dominating professional player.
Overcoming Your Fears Quick Tips:
- Aggression wins in Poker
- Practice making moves! Fear prevents us from accumulating lots of chips and becoming a chip leader
- Enjoy playing the game and you'll have a better chance of success
HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN A POKER TOURNAMENT?
Think you have what it takes to take down the championship and outwit a world-class Pro? It’s time to challenge the world’s perfect opponent - The WPT GTO Trainer!
Play these 5 hands to test your skills and learn the exact move to make. After playing watch the Strategy Episode for a detailed breakdown of each decision point as LearnWPT Instructor Nick Binger analyzes the same hands you just played. Good luck...
With 50 big blind stacks you open raise to 2.5BBs from Middle Position and the Button calls.
Do your best to choose the ideal action at every point. Your goal is to keep "EV Loss" in the green and close to 0.
P.S. After playing the hands click the WATCH NOW button to follow along as Nick plays the exact same hands and learn the "why" behind the correct plays.
TELL US HOW YOU ARE DOING
We LOVE hearing about the success LearnWPT Students are having, just like Sue winning WSOP Gold in 2019, so be sure to follow us on social media and let us know how you do.
OUR MOST IMPORTANT TIP ...
HAVE FUN! Remember that you are playing the game you love and all of your hard work will show through.
Good luck and good playing,
P.S. Played a hand you were unsure of? LearnWPT Members send them in using the Ask a Pro Forums for help from our Pros.
Improve Your Game Today!
Join LearnWPT and Get:
- The WPT GTO Trainer to play real solved hands and get instant feedback on YOUR leaks (over 4 BILLION solved spots!)
- On-demand access to our full library of 450+ (and growing) in-depth Strategy Episodes from world-class players
- All of your poker questions answered with the Ask a Pro Feature
- Expert analysis from LearnWPT Pros using The Hand Input Tool
- Downloadable Tools you can use at and away from the tables
- Learn from a Team of world-class Professional Players and Instructors
To join (just $5 your 1st month) click the button below and start improving your game!
- PKO (Progressive Knockout) tournaments are fun, unique events where a dynamic bounty is placed on each player
- As you knock out other players, typically you are paid 50% of their bounty and the other 50% is added to your total bounty
- Unlike regular knockout tournaments the value of the bounties can grow
- If you are the victor in a PKO Tourney you win in multiple ways:
- Win the amount in the general prize pool for 1st place
- Win the bounties you earned over the course of the event
- Keep the full amount of the bounty that is on your head
SHOULD I PLAY A PKO DIFFERENTLY?
Yes! The strategy for playing PKOs is very different from regular bounty tournament strategy.
Click below to view an in-depth Strategy Episode from LearnWPT Instructor Nick Binger to learn valuable math shortcuts and strategy tips to improve your play in PKO events.
Remembers these tips when playing in a PKO Tournament:
- Because bounty values change based on each player's number of knockouts, some players are worth much more than others to knock out
- Players are incentivized to widen their ranges and go after opponents when they have a high bounty value
- Starting PKO Tournaments on time and avoiding late registration is critical to maximize your chances of winning the most bounties
- It's often profitable to call with any 2 cards in PKO Tournaments when your opponent's bounty value is high
- This style of tournament has become extremely popular over the last year because it encourages so much action!
- Download the PKO Equity Reduction Reference Guide for an easy and quick way to determine your equity in PKO Tournaments
Have Questions about LearnWPT? Send an email to our Support Team at [email protected] or click the red CONTACT US button and they will be happy to help!
TRAIN - PLAY - THINK
LIKE A PRO
We are so excited to introduce the new Train & Explain Episode Series that WE ARE GIVING YOU FREE ACCESS
Members of LearnWPT know the importance of drilling hands using the WPT GTO Trainer and setting up a feedback loop for their game.
With the new transformational Train & Explain Episodes we've combined these two key factors to make learning GTO Strategy fast and easy regardless of your skill level!
Train & Explain Strategy Episodes gives you an exclusive seat behind a LearnWPT Pro for 5 select hands from the WPT GTO Trainer to learn the "why" behind each decision.
And we've added an innovative twist: you'll play the same hands as the LearnWPT Pro for each Episode.
Here’s how it works....
Before the start of each Train & Explain Strategy Episode, you'll be provided a link to an exclusive 5 hand pack from the WPT GTO Trainer to play before watching the analysis.
Select the "Click to Play the Hands Before You Watch" button noted within the video to play the 5 hands.
Next, watch the Strategy Episode for a detailed breakdown of each decision point as LearnWPT Lead Instructor Nick Binger (and coming soon from Vanessa Selbst, LuckyChewy, and Tony Dunst!) analyze the same hands you just played.
Hint: After playing the 5 selected hands click the red WATCH NOW button to view the Strategy Episode and go directly to the Pro analysis.
LearnWPT Members can ask questions follow-up questions about a specific decision point or how a hand was played by using the Ask a Pro Feature or Community!
Now it's time for YOU to give it a try....
With our new Train & Explain style of Trainer Pack and Episode, we've created the best way to improve your game in under 20 minutes!
Keep on practicing,
P.S. Play unlimited hands from the WPT GTO Trainer Scenario featured in this Episode with a $5 First Month Member. Click here to learn more about our Membership Tiers.
Team LearnWPT had quite the successful summer, racking up over a half million dollars in winnings to compliment 4 final tables and added 2 WSOP bracelets to their impressive trophy case. Now they are excited to share the cutting edge strategies used to dominate online this summer with you during the brand new 2-Day and 3-Day Training Events all from the comfort of your home on your favorite device!
LearnWPT utilized their extensive experience in planning and executing multi-day live training events to craft digital events packed with tremendous value and convenience for students.
Here is what you can expect during a 3-Day Digital Strategy Workshop and 2-Day Digital Lab Event...
3-Day Digital Tournament Strategy Workshop
- Day 1: Learn advanced tournament concepts
- Day 2: Play an online tournament* on ClubWPT.com
- Day 3: LearnWPT Pros give real-time analysis via Zoom
Day 1: Learn Advanced Tournament Concepts as part of a BRAND-NEW Curriculum with Nick Binger via Zoom
LearnWPT Lead Instructor Nick Binger has dedicated the last few years to extracting GTO concepts into easily digestible elements of strategy and is excited to deliver this all new curriculum on Day 1 of a 3-Day Digital Tournament Strategy Workshop.
Benefit from his extensive study, including over a decade of teaching experience to players of all skill levels, and learn GTO in a structured way that will not break your game.
Instruction focuses on identifying and factoring the key concepts of range vs range play and how to start adding more nuance to your game and help you win more pots. Each section of Day 1 will tie together the building blocks of a functional GTO strategy and give you direct access to world class poker knowledge.
During this approximately 6 hour session via Zoom, attendees will be able to ask any questions and receive a complete copy of the presentation for future study.
Day 2: Play a Private Online Invitational Tournament on ClubWPT.com with Great Prizes for Top Performers
Day 2 is all about action! Students join together on ClubWPT.com for an exclusive invitational tournament limited only to Workshop attendees. Players will compete for bragging rights and the LearnWPT Team will present awards to top performers.
This event is the perfect opportunity to try new strategies and showcase skills in a safe environment of your peers while the action is recorded for analysis. Players are encouraged to play their best and note and trouble spots for follow-up during the highly interactive Day 3 Lab Session.
P.S. You don't have to be a ClubWPT member to play in the tournament. We will give you instructions to sign-up for a free account.
Day 3: Join the LearnWPT Pros via Zoom for Real-Time Analysis of your ClubWPT Tournament Play
Imagine having just 1 of your hands analyzed in-depth by a world class pro. You would certainly think they would identify and correct at least 1 of your mistakes, right?
Now, imagine having multiple time bracelet winners, WPT Champions, and WPT Alpha 8 Champion join you on a private Zoom video conference call for analysis of YOUR play!
During Day 3 of a 3-Day Digital Tournament Strategy Workshop you'll join the LearnWPT Team of Instructors* featuring Nick Binger, Tony Dunst, and Andrew Lichtenberger for a comprehensive cards up review of the previous day’s ClubWPT Invitational tournament. Hands will be dissected and corrections will be delivered in real-time, complete with the opportunity to ask follow up questions.
Since this event is not limited to a number of attendees, this likely means several hours of unparalleled access to the LearnWPT Pros and their incredible knowledge base.
- Day 1: Play an online tournament* on ClubWPT.com
- Day 2: Nick Binger gives real-time analysis via Zoom
Due to the hands-on nature of this event tickets are limited to a Single Table Tournament!
Day 1: Play a Private Single Table Online Tournament on ClubWPT.com with Great Prizes for Top Performers
Shuffle up and Deal! Students join together on ClubWPT.com for an exclusive 1 table invitational tournament limited only to the 2-Day Digital Lab attendees. Players will compete for bragging rights and the LearnWPT Team will present awards to top performers.
Players are encouraged to play their best and note and trouble spots for follow up during the intimate and interactive Day 2 Lab Session with Nick Binger.
P.S. You don't have to be a ClubWPT member to play in the tournament. We will give you instructions to sign-up for a free account.
Day 2: Join LearnWPT Instructor Nick Binger via Zoom for Real-Time Analysis of your ClubWPT Tournament Play
Putting poker theory into practice successfully has long been the challenge of players who want to improve their game. One of the most reliable methods that generates the fastest results is to have your play observed and get feedback by a proven winner.
On Day 2 of a 2-Day Digital Lab 2x WSOP Bracelet Winner and LearnWPT Lead Instructor Nick Binger will give professional, in-depth analysis of the tournament play with all hole cards face up via an interactive Zoom video conference call. Students will be able to ask Nick questions about specific hands played or decisions made.
LearnWPT Digital Training Events are the perfect opportunity for dedicated poker students to learn strategy, receive personalized feedback on their play, and get answers to the nagging questions they’ve always wanted to ask but never had the opportunity to attend a Live Event.
Have Questions about our Digital Training Events? Email our team at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help!
P.S. LearnWPT.com Members receive Preferred Pricing on all Live and Digital Events. Click here for more information.
*Must be 18 or older to attend. Void where prohibited by law. Excludes Washington state. Prizes vary by event and awarding is at the sole discretion of LearnWPT. See our Terms for details.
We are excited to announce the newest Instructor to our team, Vanessa Selbst!
Vanessa Selbst is one of the most respected and accomplished poker players in the world. With over 10 years of teaching experience and one of the original creators of poker training videos, Vanessa has coached some of the top poker players in the game today.
Vanessa surprised the poker world in 2017 when she announced retirement from playing professionally on the circuit.
However, it didn’t take long until her love for the game brought her back to the WPT felt. Like a true champion she quickly returned to form and made deep runs in the September 2019 WPT Borgata Poker Open and WPT Falls View Main Event in February 2020.
3x World Series of Poker Bracelet Winner
Think Like a Pro!
- 3 World Series of Poker Bracelets
- Multiple World Poker Tour Final Tables
- Nearly $12 Million in Live Tournament Winnings
- Highest Earning Female Poker Player
We are excited to bring Vanessa's aggressive winning style and championship mindset to our LearnWPT Members through upcoming Strategy Videos.
Click below to get a sneak peek at what Members of LearnWPT.com can expect from Vanessa.
P.S. Join now for $5 and gain access to Vanessa's complete strategy video, normally only available to Monthly or Yearly Members!
Vanessa’s dominance, dedication to her craft, and incisive thinking make her both a formidable opponent at the table and an enormous asset for LearnWPT Members.
Help us welcome Vanessa to the team!
Not a Member? Go to learnwpt.com, click the JOIN NOW button to become a Member for just $5 your first month (cancel anytime).
LearnWPT.com Monthly and Yearly Members can review insight and analysis from our Instructors through upcoming:
Have questions? Contact our support team at [email protected] and we'll be happy to help!